Monday 22 April 2013

Floral Corner One with Daffodil

I have used quite a few Spellbinders dies on this card, mixing things up a bit.



The daffodil stamp and the message come from one of the new Creative Expressions "Singles" stamps, which come pre-cut and mounted onto cushion cling. A lot, like this one, also come with a free sentiment. They retail at £4.99. I stamped the image and sentiment using Jet Black Archival ink, onto milk coloured card. I then embossed this with the Cosmic Shimmer detail clear embossing powder from Creative Expressions. I coloured the flower with Distress Markers and a water brush.

I die cut the daffodil using the beautiful Spellbinders Opulent Ovals die set. The sentiment was die cut using one of the dies from the Spellbinders 5 x 7 Elegant Labels Four set. I also used the new Floral Corner One Die D-Lites die set to decorate two corners of the mat under the daffodil image. You get a flower die separate to the corner die, and I used this to decorate the sentiment tag. The ribbon threaded through the tag is Champagne Sheer Wrinkled Edge ribbon.

The metal corners I have used are the Creative Expressions Art Deco Metal Corner Embellishments.

The mat under the daffodil image was cut from a piece of Vintage Gold card. This was then embossed using the Moroccan Mask from That Special Touch.

Happy crafting!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a great and complicated card. May I ask however, you said you did the daffodil using oval dies? How did you do this? Or am I mistaken?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Astrid. Apologies if I have not explained myself properly. After I had stamped and coloured the daffodil image, I used a die from the Spellbinders Opulent Ovals set to die cut the oval image around the daffodil. Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Tracey, love the Spellbinder dies you have used and that daffodil is stunning.

    Hugs
    Lindaxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous dies, great card.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the soft background!
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely card...looks good...x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Tracey, love the image, colours and the design too. xx

    ReplyDelete