Thursday 27 February 2014

Hanging Water Lily

This is another sample I made for the TV shows in Germany. This time I layered up the image twice and then glued the two pieces back-to-back, sandwiching a piece of ribbon in the centre to act as a hanger.

I chose three shades of pink card and alternated the colours.

You can see from the next picture how much dimension you can achieve.

Happy crafting!

Tuesday 25 February 2014

Kaleidoscope Gift Box

This is one of the samples I made for Dawn Bibby to take to Germany for a TV shopping channel over there. The shows were featuring some of the Creative Expressions Medallion Stamps and were a huge success with their viewers. If you have been crafting for a while, you may remember the wood mounted Medallion Stamps launching in this country many years ago! However, in Germany this was a new concept and we had lots of sell-outs.

For any newer crafters who haven't come across the Medallion Stamps, the idea is to layer up the image by cutting out different designs you see in the stamp.  

I really "went to town" layering the lid to this little gift box but you decide how many layers you wish to use and how high you build the design.

I made lots more samples for Germany so will show you a few more designs soon.

Happy crafting!

Sunday 23 February 2014

Vintage Boutique

This card was made using blush and black card. The main panel was stamped in black archival, using designs from the Vintage Boutique stamp set from Creative Expressions (the dressform and the chandelier). I coloured the dress in using Distress Markers. This piece was then die cut using the Spellbinders 5 x 7 Elegant Labels Four die set. I then inked through the die using a Spun Sugar Distress Ink Pad and a piece of foam. 

The second panel was put through an embossing folder to add texture and then a Self Adhesive Swirl was added, plus a bow made from Sheer Wrinkled Edge ribbon with a lilac dazzler in the centre.

The last panel was stamped using an assortment of the smaller stamps from the Vintage Boutique set. Double sided adhesive sheet was then added and micro beads added to the top.

Happy crafting!