Saturday 2 November 2013

When is a background not a background?

This card was made using the JustRite Fragrant Garden Background Stamp, but it is so pretty I decided to use it as the focal element of the card.



I stamped the image onto Coconut White card and trimmed the card to the size of the stamped image. I then blended blue and green Distress Inks on each side of the image. I stamped the same image again, this time on Khaki card and cut out the three labels and the flower head. I coloured these four images using Distress Markers or, with the largest label, blending Distress Inks, as shown. The leafy flourish was coloured using a Distress Marker.

This panel was then matted onto a black piece of card, which I had pierced around the edges, using the Creating Expressions Piercing Ruler and a needle tool. 

The final mat was a piece of the Khaki card.

Happy crafting!

9 comments:

  1. Good morning Tracey,
    This very eye-catching. I love the colours and the poinsettia is a lovely addition.
    Love, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow really catches the eye, a fabulous card, love this xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card, and a great way to use a background stamp x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Tracey, love these stamps. Great colours too.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tracey this is beautiful hun, I love how you have highlighted some of the image xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Stunning Love it Hugs Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Tracey, love the background and blend of colour. Lovely design. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Tracey, the colours are so well matched and rich

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this stamp and you made it so lovely . really nice.Kim xx

    ReplyDelete