Wednesday 23 April 2014

Ally Pally Tag

Here is another sample I made at Alexandra Palace recently, using the Cosmic Shimmer Matt Chalk Paints and Glazes, on MDF.


The tag is part of the Pronty A5 Love Set. I kept the letters to use on a separate project and painted just the tag. The flower is an Art Part from the Studio 490 Wildflowers set. There are co-ordinating stamps available but I just painted the flower using the Matt Chalk Paints and then stenciled contrasting colours of the paint through various masks to add interest. 

The words came from a piece of 12" x 12" paper being sold on the Creative Expressions stand. I edged these with a bit of Distress Ink to make them stand out a bit. As I explained in my previous post, I had no notice that I would be demonstrating so was very limited what I could find to use. For example, we had sentiment stamps available on the stand but no acrylic blocks. However, I had a really enjoyable time having to think about things from a different angle and people were very interested in the Chalk Paints. 


Cosmic Shimmer Crackle Glaze was added to the bottom corner for texture.


I stenciled paint through the Chevrons mask and added some ribbon. To finish, I added a bit of Distress Ink around the edges of the tag.

Happy crafting!




1 comment:

  1. Hi Tracey. Great tag, and I love the ribbon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete