Saturday 17 May 2014

Cupcakes anyone?

Not a card today, but a kitchen apron to show you which I decorated using my Cricut cutting machine.


It doesn't matter which Cricut cutting machine you use. I chose my designs from a Cricut cartridge I have. There are also single images available to purchase online now (some are free!). 

Instead of using card on my cutting mat, I used the iron-on vinyl which Cricut sell. There are lots of colours available, including some glitter colours.


I used a light grey, red, glitter pink and glitter black. The cartridge and machine allow you to cut the different layers in the different colours and then you iron them onto the project (using a cloth between the iron and the vinyl so it doesn't melt onto the iron).



I didn't have an image for the stand so I found the part which looks like a curly J and flipped this as well, to form the base and the top. The shelves were just thin strips cut on my guillotine.

Happy crafting!

3 comments: